As Senior Research Fellow and head of the research area »Human, Medicine and Society« (OII) Melike Şahinol (Dr. rer. soc.) is responsible for various projects in the field of Sociology of Technology and the Body, Medical Sociology and Crip Technoscience. In one of her current projects »Additive Manufacturing: Enabling Technologies in the Childhood« she analyses the development of 3D printed prosthesis for children and disability beyond the technological fix narrative form a Crip Technoscience perspective. In other projects she examines posthuman cyborg love/sex and medicalized masculinities from a posthuman feminist perspective. Details of Şahinol’s ongoing and finished projects are available below and on this website (see for example on publication, presentations, etc.).
- Carteography of Hair:y_less Masculinities
- Additive Manufacturing: Enabling Technologies in the Childhood (ETeC)
- Digital Health and Self-Tracking in Turkey: Between Empowerment and New Barriers (VALID-TR)
- Neuroenhancement: Practices and Techniques (NEPTurkey)
- Blurred Boundaries of Assistive Reproduction Technologies (B.B.ART)
Recent Events (selected):
- Workshop: „Technology and the Body: Care, Empowerment and the Fluidity of Bodies“
- Lecture Series „Human, Medicine and Society: Past, Present and Future Encounters“ program / „İnsan, Tıp ve Toplum: Geçmiş, Bugün ve Gelecek Buluşmaları“ Konferans Dizisi, 04 Dec 2019-04 Mar 2020, Orient-Institut Istanbul
- STS TURKEY 2019 Science and Technology Studies for Society Conference
- WorldCafé: Quo vadis Human, Transhuman, Posthuman? Different Views on Different Dimensions
- STS TURKEY founding meeting (2017)
- Conference: Upgrades of Nature, Future Bodies: Interdisciplinary and International Perspectives (2016)
For more information about organization of conferences/ workshops/ reading and working circles see Events page.